Use the Magpie Gel System
Magpie Beauty has created a full line of Professional Only 100% gel products. Our gel products have options for base coats, structure gels and top coats, which allows the nail technician to fully customize a service the client needs!
Magpie believes in the health of the client and the nail tech. With that in mind, we have many HEMA free options for clients that deal with allergies from nail products.
Magpie Gel Polishes are formulated with the highest quality, adhere to the strict EU regulations and are fully manufactured in the UK/EU.
Magpie Gel Polish is 100% pure gel which offers more durability without any of issues that come from hybrid gel polishes.
Magpie Gel Lamp - We have manufactured a professional LED lamp that has been tested by our company chemist to FULLY cure our products. We CANNOT and DO NOT guarantee the performance of our products when cured in another brand lamp. We also CANNOT and DO NOT guarantee the performance of other brand products cured in the Magpie lamp. We strongly encourage nail techs to use the Magpie LED lamp with the Magpie Professional Systems.
Prep & Dehydrate - The liquid used to clean the nail plate after prepping the nail plate for product.
Magpie Primer - A dehydrating primer, meant to be used sparingly on the nail prior to product application.
Base Coat Options - 60 second cure in the Magpie LED lamp
- All About the Base - This original base coat is ideal for traditional, soak off manicures. (does contain less than 1% HEMA)
- Scrub a thin layer onto the nail plate and cure for 60 seconds. For additional strength, add a layer or 2 of Give Me Strength, curing after each layer.
- Rubber Up - a clear rubber base layer that offers maximum adhesion. This is ideal for clients with compromised or brittle nails. This gel is self leveling. This gel can be soaked off. (does contain less than 1% HEMA)
- This gel can be applied in a thin or thick layer, depending on the level of strength needed. If a thin layer is applied, cure for 60 seconds. If a 'thicker' layer is applied, cure for 120 seconds.
- Get a Grip - a rubber base coat that offers super adhesion with minimal lifting and chipping. The thicker formula gives extra protection to the nail plate, while offering generous flexibility. This gel can be soaked off. (HEMA FREE)
- Use 1 layer as a base coat for a gel polish manicure or as a base coat for a builder gel.
- Use 2 layers to service as a structured manicure.
- Available in clear and colored options.
Structured Gel Options - 60 second cure in the Magpie LED lamp
- Give Me Strength (GMS) - A multipurpose strengthening gel. This gel can be applied as a structure/natural nail builder gel or it can be used as a gel to mix glitters into before applying to the nail. Available in clear and colored options. (HEMA FREE)
- To apply as a structure/natural nail builder gel:
- Option 1 - apply 1 layer of Give Me Strength (GMS) on top of your preferred Magpie Base coat and cure for 60 seconds. Apply a second layer and cure for 60 seconds. Continue the manicure with your Magpie Gel Colors.
- Option 1 - after curing your preferred Magpie base coat, apply a wet layer of GMS to the nail. DO NOT CURE. Apply a slightly generous bead to the nail in your preferred structured manicure method. Cure for 60 seconds in the Magpie LED lamp.
- To mix with your favorite Magpie Glitter, simply decant some GMS onto your Magpie palette and thoroughly mix in a generous amount of glitter. Gel to Glitter ratio can be 1:1 or 1:2, depending on how pigmented you want your glitter gel to be.
- Build Me Up, bottled (BMUB)- This self leveling gel cures like a hard gel with the option to soak off when necessary. This formula is considered baseless, which means it doesn't necessarily require a base coat. When needed, we suggest using Get a Grip as the base coat. This gel can be soaked off ONLY IF necessary. (soak off is not recommended) Available in clear and colored options. (HEMA FREE)
- To apply as a structured builder gel:
- Option 1 - apply 1 juicy layer of BMUB, allow to self level and cure for 60 seconds. Continue the manicure with your Magpie Gel Colors.
- Option 2 - apply a wet layer of BMUB, followed by a generous bead. Allow the bead to melt into the wet layer, encouraging the gel into place with the bristles. Once happy with the gel placement, cure for 60 seconds.
- Build Me Up, pot (BMUP)- This gel offers 2 viscosities in 1 pot: suspension and self leveling. This formula is baseless which means it doesn't require a base coat. If preferred, the nail tech can use Get a Grip as the base coat prior to application of BMU pot. This gel can be soaked off ONLY IF necessary. (soak off is not recommended) Available in clear and colored options. (HEMA FREE)
- To use it as a suspension gel - DO NOT STIR the pot. Simply pick up a bead and apply to the nail plate, using either a tik tok motion or a pat/pull motion. Don't overwork the gel or it will become runny.
- To create a self leveling gel - stir the gel once or twice and the viscosity will become thin. Apply to one finger at a time, curing after each finger to prevent flooding. The gel needs approximately 24 hours of no movement to return to a suspension state.
Magpie Gel Colors - 60 second cure in the Magpie LED lamp
As of the Spring of 2023, there are over 230 colors to choose from! We offer Jelly, sheer, glitter and full opaque options to provide the fullest range of possibilities.
Magpie Gel Polish benefits include:
- beautiful creamy texture applies easily and does not run into the cuticle
- curved bristles to aid application near the eponychium
- doesn't dry out in the Magpie bottle
- easy and fast removal using acetone
Top Coat Options - 60 second cure in the Magpie LED lamp
- Like a Diamond - A super shiny, high durability, lasting shine top coat. A perfect viscosity to prevent flooding side walls and great for smooth glitter coverage. Cleanse the inhibition layer with Magpie Cleanser. (HEMA FREE)
- Top It Off, NO WIPE - A super shiny, high durability, lasting shine top coat. A perfect viscosity to prevent flooding side walls and great for smooth glitter coverage. Perfect top coat for Magpie Chrome application. Available in clear and shimmer finishes. (HEMA FREE)
- Velvet Top, Matte - A no wipe top coat that cures to a velvety smooth finish. (does contain a small amount of HEMA)
- For best results - REMOVE the inhibition layer of the color gel before applying the Velvet Top. Apply a thin layer and cure fully for a no wipe, no streak result.
Miscellaneous Gel Options - cure time depends on the product
- Blooming Lovely - This gel is perfect for creating marble and watercolor nail art looks. (HEMA FREE)
- For best results, remove tacky layer, apply a thin coat of Blooming Lovely and add your colors to the wet later. Watch it BLOOM and cure! 60 second cure in the Magpie LED lamp.
- Get Foiled - This gel is meant for abstract foil transfer. (does contain less than 5% HEMA)
- Apply a thin layer of gel and cure for 2 minutes in the Magpie LED lamp.
- Full Foiled - This gel is meant for full foil transfer. (does contain a small amount of HEMA)
- Apply a thin layer of gel and cure for 60 seconds to 2 minutes (depending on how stick you need to gel) in the Magpie LED lamp.
List of Magpie gel products that DO contain a small amount HEMA:
- All About the Base
- Rubber Up
- Get Foiled
- Full Foiled
- Velvet Top